My thoughts on antique collecting

When I think about hobbies, one of the most resounding hobby that I enjoy is collecting.Notwithstanding is the case of antiques that is derived from the word antiquities and collecting which is a very peculiar hobby that any generation can  eulogize.It is by many consider a millionaires hobby since they can afford to buy at their convenience.I have been to many antique collecting shops and I did so again recently.With amazing pieces that can catch anyone's attention.I really enjoy all the various cultures and statues that they display from numerous religions.And who can forget about genuine antiques like lamps,cameras,phones etc.I had a blast to say the least, I really enjoy visiting those type of shops.

When did antique collecting started? 

It is quite challenging to pin point when exactly antique collecting began.Not surprisingly, since it various from different time periods throughout history.Although many believe it saw its early beginnings around the 16th century with Louis xiv known as Louis the great would purchase art collections.Charles I would also bought several art pieces from different sources.

Is antique collecting a profitable hobby?

Despite popular belief from some hotshots saying that antique collecting is now dead, it might not be.Seeing as that on average most antique dealers earn around 45,000 a year on average.Of course that depends on many factors including deals,clientele,and employer for instance.So if you are serious about becoming a full through antique collector it might be worth it.

My thoughts on antique collecting?

Being a fan of history and collecting in general, antique collecting is something i approve of.Especially since you can make some favorable deals with other antique collectors or shop owners.antique pieces I seek are artifacts, weapons, and statues that showcase some eventful times throughout history.Interesting fact that i found out  is that an antique is considered one when it is 100 years old.aside from the idea of garnering these spectacular items, I like the time periods that are captured.

Warnings you should watch out for

As awesome as antique collecting proves to be there are dangers along with it.Especially when you find a unique artifact.Seeing as some
Can be cursed or have a malignant spirit attached to the antique itself.If you do purchase an unique treasure have it blessed by a priest and sage it daily to avoid curses or possessions.

The types of antiques that I look for.

Weapons 

I like the idea of collecting antique weapons.The lifestyle of those that possessed them and the skills that were required in wielding them.Such is the case for this 18th century flintlock pistol.Those that were used by pirates and buccaneers to raid other ships and find treasures.
Here is a British 19th century bandsman sword. Very fine and detailed it makes for a great addition to any collection.

Religious statues 

Statues are  another antiques that I look for and amire.The picture above is a wood statue from lord ganesha made about a century ago.I have some that i own and decorate my house with as well.

Gold 


Whether it being gold treasure or jewelry, gold is something that i seek too.It is much more valuable that regular gold, especially if you can get your hands on some rare antique gold.Pure gold is something I have seen in shops across my town and in other countries.

Art paintings

Art paintings are something i look forward to when I think about antiques.Featured above is the 17th century painting known as "luscious".Very visually appealing is the case of art paintings with such rich history.There are many famous artists along history that have left their mark in history and art.So it is amazing to look at their pieces and accomplishments throught time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 gangster movies

Wild willies beard boost serum opinions

How to rock a vest